As many of you will know, I’m currently finalising the sequel to Legend of the Lost. It is called The Ends of the Earth and, once again, is set in beautiful Cornwall. But we’re excited to announce it will also feature, Namibia, South West Africa in all its glory.
I don’t want to spoil the story but, as well as many of the magical characters you’ve grown to love, it includes:
- a pod of talking dolphins
- the ancestral kingdom of the elephants and
- a malevolent demon with a taste for toes!
As you know, names are very important to me. So I’m now looking for your help to name one of the animal stars of the book. He is an elephant and is based on one of the calves in this photograph (above), which I took on a trip to Africa a couple of years ago.
If you’re up for the challenge, this is a chance for you to maake a permanent mark on the changeling trilogy. The winner will not only name the elephant calf but will also be acknowledged inside the book and will win a signed, dedicated copy of the book when it is published.
1. You may send up to three suggestions for the elephant’s name.
2. You may enter as an individual, a family, a class, a team or a school
3. The competition is open to all ages worldwide, but entries must be written in English.
4. The signed book will be the UK edition.
5. The closing date is midday (12.00pm GMT) on 31st June 2019. Entries after that date can’t be considered.
6. Entries must be your own, original idea.
7. The decision of the judge (Ian P Buckingham) is final, and no discussion will be entered into (although he will discuss entries with the changeling children).
8. The winner will be notified by email and announced on social media.
Email your entry to email@example.com or use the contact us link and include the subject line “Competition. Remember to include your name, age, and full postal address. (If you’re under 18 make sure you have your parent/guardian’s consent).
• Do some research. Look up the ancient culture of Namibia and place and animal names for inspiration, do some brainstorming with friends and try different combinations.
- Have another read of Legend of the Lost and take clues from the animals and characters featured.
I can’t wait to read your entries.